Prepare for the Exam
Candidates are not required to attend videoconference training of any kind prior to attempting the exam. Should they wish to do so, we recommended the following courses:
- Polycom Fundamentals (FSIT201) eLearning modules which cover networking models, standards and protocols and are approximately two hours in duration.
- Polycom System Administration (PLCMISFAT202) eLearning modules which cover the basic skills and knowledge required to manage and operate the core RealPresence Clariti collaboration infrastructure components.
- Collaboration Installation, Configuration, & Troubleshooting – Part 1 (RPIIT202/PCICT201): A five-day classroom training covering deployment and configuration of a basic Clariti solution.
Candidates should be very familiar with the material when preparing for the exam.
The PCVE exam questions are based on the following RealPresence software versions:
- Polycom® RealPresence® Collaboration Server v8.8
- Polycom® RealPresence® Resource Manager v10.5
- Polycom® RealPresence® Distributed Media Application™ (DMA®) v10.0.0.3 Core and Edge
- Polycom® RealPresence® Access Director™ 4.2
- Enterprise Video Capture
- Polycom® RealPresence® Web Suite 2.2
You will have 90 minutes to answer 80 questions. The exam questions are broken down into 4 sections as follows. A score of 70% or higher is required to pass the exam.
% of Examination
|2. RealPresence Platform Implementation|
|3. RealPresence Platform Configuration|
|4. RealPresence Platform Troubleshooting|
Please reference the PCVE Exam Blueprint and the FAQs for more detailed information.
Login or Create New Account at https://ondemand.questionmark.com/home/403076
- If creating a new account, you will receive an email from email@example.com with a onetime password link. Check your spam or junk mail.
- When you set up your account be sure to set your Local Time Zone using the drop-down box and enter your phone number in the Primary Address section.
To register and purchase your exam
- Click Buy Exam, choose Add to Cart under PCVE 5.0 then click the shopping cart icon in the top right corner.
Click the Checkout box and follow the prompts to the payment screen
- If you have a test voucher/coupon enter your coupon code in the Discount coupon box and click the refresh icon.You are still required to enter billing information on the Payment screen even though the price is $0.00. You will not need to enter any Payment Options.
- If you don’t have a test voucher/coupon fill in your credit card information
- Click Continue and on the next screen click Place Order.
- Your order number will be provided on your checkout confirmation and you will receive two emails: one from firstname.lastname@example.org (confirmation) and another from email@example.com (receipt)
To schedule your exam
- Click My Assessments and your test will be listed under the Proctored tab. It may take a few minutes for the test to populate and if you don’t see anything refresh your page.
- Under Options select Schedule
- Select the date and time for your exam and click Schedule Appointment.
NOTE: ensure you have selected the correct time zone on your profile
An email with instructions on how to test your computer and prepare for your exam will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org