It is vital for any organization to provide quality customer service and support not only to improve satisfaction but also to solidify brand loyalty. The usage of mobile, social and video chat as interaction channels has gained ground faster than expected among customers. But with organizations directing them to self-service and using voice as the primary channel have resulted in high customer frustration.
Exceeding customer expectations requires the right mix of personal service, quality interactions and first call resolution. With Polycom voice, video and content solutions, your department can better manage the customer service experience by creating differentiation, increasing responsiveness and improving satisfaction.
- Video Chat: When self-help is no longer an option, video calling enables face-to-face interactions between service representatives and customers. Chat sessions initiated from kiosk, mobile, web and social channels can instantly become a face-to-face interaction regardless of distance.
- Video-On-Demand: How- to-videos bring a friendly face to product and service FAQs on-line. Video on Demand libraries improve self-service, awareness and support. Create a knowledge culture in and outside of your organization by enabling people to share, search, and securely access video as easily as any other content type.
- Video of the Customer: Next-generation Voice of the Customer (VoC) programs will use video instead. Help your customer service resources connect, listen and collaborate via video with consumers, partners or clients across multiple organizations. Capture and publish the Video of the Customer meeting. Find exactly what they said or need, because video recordings are as easy to search as a document using automated speech-to-text.
FLSmidth, a leading global supplier of equipment and services to the global cement and minerals industries, with offices in over 50 countries and 15,000 employees, successfully streamlined communications and collaborations throughout the company with Polycom solutions. Collaboration with contractors in Egypt immediately improved their customer results and satisfaction. Torben Nordling, IT Project Manager, said, "A video meeting increases trust and helps build stronger partnerships with our customers and partners. Being able to do business face-to-face develops the human connection.”
- Voice Quality: Whether communicating with colleagues, customers, or suppliers, service and support agents should be able to focus on the message, not the technology. Polycom audio is so high-fidelity it sounds like they are in the same room. From the boardroom, to the desktop, or anywhere in-between, Polycom voice solutions keep your customer service resources connected and productive.
- Video Agents: Technology enables organizations to offer new flexible working options to attract and retain the best talents. Simply adding visual communications ensures that agents working from home or remote sites, feel connected, stay engaged and remain highly productive.
- Video Experts: When front office employees do not have the answer, customers tend to become impatient and upset. By making video available on smartphones, tablets and laptops, contact center agents, front desk staff, sales and service representatives can invite any remote expert available to join the meeting instantly regardless of location.
Genuine Parts Company is Australia and New Zealand's largest automotive parts and accessories company. They recently acquired Exego Group, and in 2008 began adopting Polycom video collaboration solutions to empower their representatives and increase responsiveness. The benefits were immediate - "We can have a staff member in Sydney show products to suppliers in New Zealand, by simply placing it on the table," says Alan Hodgson, Telephony Manager, Exego Group. “It is a much more cost-effective way to showcase and sell our products and has really helped to accelerate decision making."
- Video Interviews: Interview any candidate, securely and face-to-face, regardless of location. Recruitment is accelerated through shortened interview cycles and increased accuracy of assessment compared to telephone interviews. Costs and lost productivity are minimized by reducing travel for interviewers and interviewees.
- Video Training: Deliver interactive training sessions to service representatives and support professionals without the planning, travel, and logistics issues associated with on-site courses. From service training, coaching sessions to development courses, organizations are more successful at building a service culture if they leverage synchronous and asynchronous video.
- Video Recording: Polycom video content management solution allows you to manage all video assets from creation to distribution while being compliant at all times. Capture, archive, analyze and distribute any video content. Access video recordings of training courses, interviews or conversations from any device. Boost productivity with deep media indexing, search and analysis.
United Bank for Africa (UBA) services seven million customers in 750 branches. In order to better communicate business goals throughout their banks, they rolled out the Polycom Digital Signage (PDS), an easy-to-use digital signage solution. It was able to manage and schedule on-screen content to deliver broadcast-quality video and graphics via minimum network bandwidth. The systems are located in high-traffic retail UBA bank lobbies to advertise to customers.
Like many other technologies today, video collaboration solutions are available for a yearly subscription and/or from the cloud.
- Polycom RealPresence Cloud is a wholesale, carrier-ready offering that comprises carrier-grade infrastructure, endpoints, and services.
- Polycom RealPresence One is a comprehensive offering that combines infrastructure, software endpoints and optimized services all for a yearly subscription fee.
In the past, video conferencing technology was limited to the conference room, but now it has become mobile, social, browser-based, and available as a service or from the cloud. Consumers, citizens and businesses use this technology daily and expect video to be available across all channels: branch, web, mobile or social.
Video-Customer service is inevitable. Not only video helps your organization personalize the customer service experience, but it also empowers agents for increased agility, ensures quality and compliance while supporting new business models.
Polycom solutions can improve the vision of even the most tech-savvy visionary.
It's all about empathy. Polycom solutions enable service reps to establish a more personal connection with customers. This puts a human face on your company and on your brand—which leads to stronger commitments and stronger customer relationships.
GET THE RIGHT FACE — AND THE RIGHT VOICE — IN FRONT OF YOUR CUSTOMER.
Allocating resources to deal with specific customer issues can be a challenge. Polycom solutions help you get the right subject matter experts in front of the right customer, no matter where that individual is located. The result is more personalized attention and a more satisfied customer.
of enterprises are currently investing in proactive outbound communications.1
of consumers are more likely to give a company repeated business after good service.2
On average, loyal customers are worth up to
as much as their first purchase. 4
The key to customer satisfaction is not just a fast response time. The response has to solve the problem. Polycom voice, video and content-sharing solutions allow for fast, real-time collaboration among internal teams to come up with the right plan to address any customer issue.
Customer issues happen. And when they do, Polycom's high-definition voice clarity ensures that your customer service reps understand a customer's every word. Better understanding leads to a faster, more personalized solution and a happier, more loyal customer
SOURCES 1 2013. "Forrester's Top 15 Trends for Customer Service in 2013." Forrester.com 2, 3, 4 Baldacci, Kevin. 2013. "50 Facts That Will Make Businesses Rethink Their Customer Service." Salesforce Desk. Desk.com