US Federal Government departments and agencies suffer from budget shortfalls, location closing, downsizing and increasing demands. Implementation of Unified Communications (UC) solutions is proving to be an effective method to improve service, responsiveness, efficiency, readiness, productivity and collaboration with fewer resources.
The Polycom RealPresence standard-based platform is being utilized to empower the disparate government workforce, improve national security, increase health care services, create and deliver distance learning content and mitigate the costs of traditional justice processes.
U.S. government agencies and departments depend on Polycom to:
- Strengthen national security and emergency management through optimum readiness and situational awareness
- Enhances judicial proceedings through reduction of security risks, expedition of pending cases and improved inmate services
- Facilitate the reality of telework for the Federal employee by reducing costs, carbon emissions and travel time, as well as ensuring compliance with budgetary and environmental mandates
- Empower agencies and departments to communicate optimally regardless of the network or environment
- Promote critical applications of distance, e-learning, training and development
- Speed the delivery of health care services