“Polycom video collaboration has literally changed the way we practice medicine. It is patient-centered care in the purest form. Doctors all over the region can provide life-saving services to any cardiac patient in any of our facilities. And by reducing rehospitalizations, our program is driving costs down for patients and other payers.”
Coordinator of Saint Vincent's regional telemedicine network
Healthcare organizations the world over are turning to Polycom video collaboration solutions to improve care and reduce cost. Collaborative healthcare solutions from Polycom enable patient centered care, multi-disciplinary team support, reduction of unnecessary re-hospitalizations, and collaboration across the entire healthcare team independent of physical barriers. There are many reasons why eight of the top 10 hospitals and the top ten pharmaceutical companies worldwide are Polycom customers.
"[Multidisciplinary] teams of doctors now collaborate remotely during grand rounds, exchanging observations, recommendations and patient information to improve and accelerate patient care,"explained Wolford. These grand rounds are recorded, archived and published for staffers to view later on-demand as part of their continuing medical education.
Healthcare organizations across the globe are turning to Polycom video collaboration solutions to:
- Enable collaboration across healthcare teams
- Support better outcomes and more timely access to care
- Reduce unnecessary hospitalizations
- Educate patients and healthcare providers independent of location
- Enable faster onboarding of new healthcare professionals
- Support better chronic disease management
- Support prevention and wellness programs
- Improve patient care by providing more convenient access to specialist expertise
- Provide better utilization of specialists
- Survey, test, and confirm success of disease management programs
- Enable easier access to success metrics for auditing and confirmation of success
South Carolina Department of Mental Health Saves Taxpayers $21.7 Million with Polycom
Prevention and Wellness: Collaborative Video Delivering Better Care Coordination, Medical Education and Avoiding Unnecessary Re-hospitalizations.
Interview with Dr. Deborah Jeffries