Patient Care and Insights along with Polycom's CloudAXIS provides an opportunity to increase population health which will ultimately reduce cost through improved health outcomes. This unique solution extends risk prediction and care management one step further by including collaborative video communications between healthcare professionals and patients, ultimately impacting unnecessary hospital re-admissions and healthcare costs.
Polycom's partnership with IBM provides healthcare organizations the tools to make the best possible decisions in managing their patients and be able to act efficiently and effectively on their findings by
- Reacting quickly to data generated from risk prediction and management
- Avoiding unnecessary re-hospitalizations using video for discharge planning, case management, meds management, and follow up visits
- Support prevention and wellness programs utilizing video to educate patients
- Enable ACO (Accountable Care Organization) operations and patient education programs using video
- Provide Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs and Grand Rounds webcasts with auditable training and conformance records
The solution from Polycom and IBM is composed of three major elements.
- Analytics to provide risk prediction, whether it is about who is more likely to be re-admitted to a hospitals or who is at risk for developing further complications
- Collaborative video (multipoint video calls, point-to-point video calls or mobile access for ubiquitous video) which enables organization to act on the analytics results
- Care management tool that is video-enabled and supports patient centered care for health and wellness