The Polycom RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, is the newest multiparty collaboration solution to join the RealPresence Collaboration Server series. Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, is the industry’s first multi-protocol, integrated software MCU that runs on industry-standard servers, connecting video systems using the open standards-based SVC protocol with video systems using other protocols, such as AVC, to the same meeting without expensive gateways, extra licenses, or hidden costs. The RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s supports open standards-based SVC, delivering 3X HD multipoint video capacity compared to historic products for greater scalability, dramatically lower TCO, and superior performance, and is ideal for mid-sized enterprises such as professional service firms, private healthcare institutions, and investment firms, as well as for larger organizations with branch offices. Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, is uniquely interoperable with the existing 2M+ video conferencing systems in the market today that use AVC, and provides the only true extension of enterprise video conferencing to mobile users that includes: provisioning, management, SVC & AVC interoperability, firewall traversal, security, reliability, and scalability – all leveraged from the Polycom RealPresence Platform.
The Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, enables extraordinary face-to-face experiences on any device whether at work, at home or on-the-go. Unlike competitive solutions that require expensive gateways and are not interoperable with the millions of open, standards-based devices in the market today, the Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, provides interoperability and flexibility between existing and emerging standards and protocols to ensure investment protection now and in the future.
- Runs on industry-standard X86 servers
- Leverages pooled virtual resources for greater flexibility and cost savings
- 3X HD calling capacity
- CloudAXIS Support: Key components of the RealPresence Platform and CloudAXIS extend enterprise-grade video collaboration to any business (B2B) or consumer (B2C) and connect users from Skype, Facebook, Google Talk and other presence-based applications into a secure Polycom videoconference via a simple web browser
- Interoperability without compromise: Delivers interoperability (native AVC and SVC support) - not video islands - and integration with leading UC applications and environments without expensive gateways or extra boxes
- Right Sized: Designed for mid-market enterprise video networks (cost and scale) or to expand an existing Collaboration Server (RMX) environment through the RealPresence Virtualization Manager (DMA)
- Uniquely BYOD: Support for SVC and AVC based RealPresence Mobile and RealPresence Desktop delivers optimal platform to enable employees to bring their own device - laptops, tablets and smart-phones included
- In-person Experience: New technology eliminates video delay and combines with unmatched support for H.264 High Profile, Lost Packet Recovery™, HD Voice and StereoSurround, for a truly face to face collaboration experience
- Enterprise Quality: Extensible to the RealPresence Platform for management, call control, bridge virtualization, firewall/traversal and recording