The "social" explosion is leaping the firewall from the personal space to the professional sphere. Given that more than half of all interactive communication is visual, social business that doesn't offer visual interaction with colleagues represents a missed opportunity.
"Integrating social business with real-time video is the next logical step in significantly improving how enterprise users communicate, collaborate, and become more productive."
President of Products and Services, Polycom
Social business and video conferencing are a natural fit that multiplies the productivity provided by each application. The combination makes social business more visually interactive and video collaboration more easily accessible to employees.
Polycom is leading the way to integrate HD video solutions into popular social business platforms such as IBM Sametime and Microsoft SharePoint. Polycom RealPresence Social gives you a new, more powerful way to connect face to face with those in your business and social communities―promoting richer conversations, more effective discussions, faster decisions, and improved creativity and brainstorming. Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite further extends video collaboration beyond the corporate firewall, allowing users to easily add anyone on Skype, Facebook, Google Talk and other business video apps to their video conferences from a browser.
- Meet face to face with contacts and subject matter experts in your business and social communities by using the social collaboration platforms you're familiar with
- Make point-to-point and multipoint group video calls of HD quality through your Web browser
- Record and archive meetings and video messages within your preferred social collaboration environments
Polycom RealPresence Social is all about interoperability. That translates to more choices and greater ease of deployment for the IT staff. You choose the technology and deployment model that works best for your business.
Do you have server-based UC clients who are already integrated with Polycom video? Adding social business software that works with your existing UC clients is a very simple "next step."
Do you need a cloud-based hosted solution for social business? Polycom is working with leading social business software companies to deliver “Polycom Powered” Web-based clients that support Software as a Service (SaaS) deployment models.
- Use social business software to “find the expert” when you're not even sure who the expert is. Cut e-mail clutter and boost productivity.
- Connect seamlessly via HD video to any environment–on the go or in a home office, work office, conference room, or immersive theater–from within one integrated collaboration environment.
- View on demand any archived videos that are linked/embedded within social conversations and context.