Rich video collaboration for the individual user
Polycom RealPresence Desktop for Windows and Apple® Mac OS X is a powerful, enterprise-grade collaboration app that extends video communications beyond the typical conference room setting to mobile professionals. RealPresence Desktop combines quality, power and ease-of-use with industry-leading interoperability, and security that is both cost effective, and highly scalable.
When powered by the Polycom RealPresence Platform, customers can extend the value through an enterprise-class video software solution delivers the required app management, interoperability, scalability, resiliency, multi-point and lifelike quality that users and IT managers demand.
Using Polycom RealPresence Desktop, you can:
- Share the industry's highest-quality audio, video, and content though standards-based protocols
- Automatically connect to room-based systems to control calls and share content without ever reaching for a cable or remote
- Quickly search existing corporate directories for ease-of-dialing and connect to other desktops, mobile, conference rooms, or immersive telepresence environments
- Protect call quality through Polycom Constant Clarity technology, which provides Internet users with a premium experience
Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite is a software extension of the Polycom RealPresence Platform that extends secure enterprise-grade Polycom video collaboration to anyone with a browser and web camera.
Polycom RealPresence Desktop leverages standards-based protocols that have been deployed on more than two million video-enabled rooms, desktops, mobile devices and immersive telepresence systems. No other desktop solution offers wider and deeper interoperability.
- Enable users with industry-first Polycom SmartPairing, ultrasonic connectivity between PC's and room systems.
- Experience the quality and interoperability of standards-based SVC/AVC coding technologies without complex user setup or interaction
- Leverage content collaboration no matter which signaling protocol your organization uses with standards-based H.239 and BFCP support over H.323 and SIP
- Hear every nuance of the spoken word with the industry's leading audio codecs, which support up to 20kHz audio
- Easily provision and authorize up to 10,000 individual users with just the click of a mouse thanks to the tight integration of CMA/RealPresence Resource Manager and Microsoft Active Directory
"We can show everyone what we’re talking about by pushing maps, photos, video–whatever they need–to understand the situation better. As a result, we respond to emergencies faster, and we’re better prepared when we do."
- Leo Benes, Battalion Chief with Lincoln Fire and Rescue