Industry First Interoperable Content Sharing Solution with Microsoft Lync
Presence-based, instant video communication has become an effective tool in the life of knowledge workers to increase productivity wherever you are; at your desk, in a conference room, or on the go. As the visual communication becomes a way to stay ahead of the game, what you accomplish in the video meeting has become more important as well. Polycom’s content sharing solution addresses such a need for customers who have deployed Microsoft Lync and Polycom RealPresence Video solutions for industry-first content sharing interoperability with Lync 2013 and 2010.
The RealPresence Content Sharing Suite is tightly integrated with the RealPresence Platform (Distributed Media Application, Collaboration Server, and Access Director), to enable scalable HD video collaboration that includes Lync desktop as well as standards-based video systems.
- Lync 2013 and Lync 2010 PC clients can enjoy the full meeting experience including voice, video, and high resolution content sharing on a Polycom hosted multipoint meeting
- The content is supported up to 1080p resolution for effective content collaboration
- Lync users have access to content share in a familiar and intuitive user experience
- Audio only participants can also join content sharing session through browser-based plug-in
- The Content Sharing Add-on does not affect native Lync-hosted collaboration workflow; it works transparently when Lync clients join Polycom RealPresence Collaboration Server meetings.